Zoku Popsicle Recipe | Avocado, Mango + Green Tea
Over the weekend, I finally bought a Zoku Quick Pop Maker. I have been wanting one forever, but with all the accessories, the price can really add up. When it comes to purchasing something that isn't necessarily a need, I had a rule - I wait on it and if over a certain period of time I find that I still want it, I bit the bullet and make the purchase.
With this particular item, I waited a year! Crazy I know... but not so bad when you think about how quickly the season change. I wanted one last summer and by the time fall had rolled around I had forgotten all about the Zoku. Then summer this year hit, and the urge to make quick pops came rushing back.
For my first popsicle, I wanted to keep it light and healthy - a popsicle that is totally appropriate to have for breakfast or as dessert. Bring on the avocado!!!
Since green tea is something I enjoy daily, I thought why not add it to my first popsicle recipe. So I did, and then proceed to add two of my other favorite treats - mango and avocado. Now I have made smoothies before with avocado, mango, and almond milk (so delicious) so I knew I would love this! If you don't like things too sweet, then this popsicle is for you. Plus, its under 100 calories - win, win for all!
Ingredients: (makes 6 pops)
- 1 avocado
- 10 oz frozen mango
- 1 cup fresh brewed green tea - I used jasmine
- Freeze Zoku Quick Pop Maker for at least 24hrs*
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Place popsicle sticks in the maker
- Pour ingredients into maker
- Fill all three slots to the top and let sit for about 8 mins
- Using the remover tool, twist to the left until you feel it click, then remove popsicle
- Snap on drip tray and place in the storage container
- Remove all three popsicles and then repeat
*you can use the zoku up to 3 times with out refreezing, however each time will take a few minutes longer to freeze
Get the tools to make your own pops...