My (extended) Weekend in an Instant // August 4th - 6th
My extended weekend has unfortunately come to an end (insert sad music here). Although so worth it, this Tuesday is feeling extra rough as I start to think of all the things I need to accomplish today at the office before I hop back on a plane and head out west tomorrow. My weekend started off after a brief stint in Dallas, with my arrival back at LGA (La Guardia Airport) followed by a going away dinner for some friends moving to Portland. Saturday morning I unpacked and repacked, then we cleaned up a bit around the apartment and said to ourselves "let the adventures began..."
My (Our) Weekend in an Instant // August 4th- 6th:
- First stop Jersey, for a surprise baby shower... complete with Sugar Daddy's, which I love but I teeth are still hurting from eating
- Then the road trip to Harrisburg, PA began. To kick it off I played my very first scratch off... and won $10 (not much, but hey I doubled my money... still have never bought a lotto ticket myself... need to do that soon, who knows I could have beginners luck)
- We arrived in Harrisburg a little after 10pm, met up with our friends, got a quick bit to eat, then they went I out and I went to bed. Early the next morning we were up and out to explore on our way to breakfast. First discovery, a pink hydrant!
- I (heart) strips and it's fun to notice the everyday places they occur. This pic is so Kate Spade to me.
- Harrisburg, PA just so happens to be the State Capital, a little known fact I know I knew 20 years ago, but had since forgot.
- We had an amazing breakfast at Home 231 (not pictured)... more on that later
- The our group of six was off to Hershey Park.. My love and I are huge fans of roller coasters, thrill seekers if you will
- Of course the girls had to take a pic with Miss. Kisses
- When in rome... Even though I'm not a chocolate fan, I sure do lover peanut butter
- After a long day at Hershey filled with three big rides, we headed back to the hotel, freshened up, and headed out again for the Justin Timberlake & Jay Z Summer Legends concert
- Bring sexy back, in honor of JT
- BEST concert I have been to so far! (although I haven't seen Beyonce yet...)
- Monday morning we were back on the road again, headed back to NYC. Fun was had by all, followed by a nice relaxing Monday enjoying the PERFECT weather!
Some of the above photos were on Instagram over the weekend. To see them in realtime… follow me @sageandsparkle
I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well! I would love to hear all about how you made your weekend sparkle, in the comment section below…