Smoothie Recipe // Avocado + Pineapple
As I mentioned yesterday, I was feeling a bit under the weather... not the full-blown sick that you won't feel better for days (maybe even weeks), but something more of the stomach flu variety. Not sure if it was something that was going around or something that I ate, but 30 hrs later and I feel brand new!
Now, I'm not saying that this smoothie cured me, but I will say that yesterday, around 5pm when I still hadn't been able to eat anything for the day, I decided to make this delicious fruit smoothie with avocado (yes, avocado is a fruit) and pineapple. The smoothie was a success, it filled me up and I was able to keep all the nutrients in. Not to mention, it was absolutely delicious. Avocado may just be my smoothie go-to ingredient. Great alternative to almond milk or greek yogurt as it makes the smoothie nice and creamy.
Keep reading of the recipe...
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 5 small cubes of pineapple
- 5-6 ice cubes
- lemon zest (optional)
- Juice 1/2 cup of pineapple, set aside.
- Scoop out 1/2 of an avocado and add to blender. *Tip: save the half with the seed in it and place in the fridge. The seed will help keep the other half fresh.
- Add pineapple juice, pineapple cubes, and ice cubes to blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into glad and garnish with fresh lemon zest.
P.S. In case you were wondering, I use the Ninja for all my smoothies and puree needs... highly recommended purchase.