Orecchiette Pasta with Pumpkin, Pancetta and Crispy Kale Recipe
I have been so bad this year with my "12 Weeks of Pumpkin" but I promise, it has been for good reason - life has been moving at such a fast past lately that it has been hard to keep up, much less, slow down to make a recipe or two before sunset. However, you know I wouldn't completely leave you hanging + I promise this recipe has been worth the wait.
Disclaimer: Please excuse the photos. They're not my best quality, as well, daylight savings has really been working against me...
Without further ado, I give you this weeks pumpkin recipe - one which you're going to want to run and try immediately! First off, this pumpkin pasta is super easy to make, meaning you will have a delicious pumpkin ready meal for dinner in no time + it's also relatively healthy - at least as far as pasta goes.
Keep reading for the recipe...
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 2 cups orecchiette pasta
- 2 cups fresh chopped pumpkin
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 sliced pancette
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Fresh parmigiana + pumpkin seeds to top
Directions: (recipe adapted from the Food Network)
- Boil pasta.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pumpkin out on a baking dish and toss with olive oil + salt then bake in the oven until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread kale out onto a separate baking dish; drizzle with olive oil + sprinkle with salt then back till crispy about 6-7 min. Place in the over when the pumpkin is almost done.
- Slice pancette. Heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat then add the pancette + cayenne pepper and fry till crispy. Add cooked pumpkin + crispy kale to the pancette + mix together. Cook for an additional 3-5 min. Remove from heat then add to pasta. Add a splash of olive oil + mix all together.
- Serve warm topped with toasted pumpkin seeds + fresh parmigiana.