Nursery Decor DIY with ACE Hardware
This post is sponsored by Ace Hardware.
With my due date being just a little over a month away, I have been working non-stop on finishing up our little peanut’s nursery. When Ace Hardware asked if I wanted to partner on a DIY project using their color sample pints, I jumped at the chance. Thank goodness for that end-of-pregnancy “nesting” energy that kicks in.
I spent a few days deciding on what I wanted to create for our nursery, then finally thought that a DIY makeover of a mirror I had previously purchased, would be the perfect project. DIY projects are my favorite, especially for something as special as a nursery for your first born – it’s so nice to have something in the decor that you had a hand in making.
Step By Step, Nursery Mirror DIY Makeover
1. Starting with this mirror, decided on color scheme/pattern, using Ace Hardware Paint, select three colors that will match your nursery.
2. Make sure you gather all of the supplies you will need:-Color Paint Sample from Ace Hardware (currently on sale for $.99) -Three paint brushes -Painters tape -Twine -Scissors -Hot Glue Gun / glue sticks -Two Band-Aids
3. Tape center edge of mirror.
4. Tape all edges for first color.
5. Paint one color at a time (3-4 coats each), allow to dry for 1-2 hrs in between each color.
6. Remove painters tape, repeat steps 4 + 5 for second, then third color.
7. Remove all painters tape, then measure/cut twine to fit from the inside edge of mirror to outside. Cut enough twine for the entire mirror before starting.
8. Glue twine on the outline on all edges
Sage Tip: Wrap your thumbs in band-aids, with the padded part on the inside of your thumb. Then you can use your thumbs to press down the twine, while hot gluing, without burning your fingers.
9. Measure/cut twine to fit the inside outline of the mirror. Cut three strips.
10. Glue the edges to the inside of the mirror, then braid + glue as you line the entire inside.
11. Hang + enjoy!
Paint is one of the simplest ways to DIY items you may already have in your house, making them new again. With a new season approaching, now is the perfect time, plus with the Color Sample Pints being on sale for only $.99, why not start your own DIY project today? The hardest part is narrowing down your final color. My advice, pick your favorites + let you imagination run wild.
As for our nursery, everything is finally coming together. We’re in the final stages of finishing up all the decor, but the big items, like crib, dresser, changing table, storage + rocker have all been purchased. I will hopefully be able to share a final reveal before our little one arrives. Stay tuned…
Getting help at the paint studio at Ace is like going to your neighbor. Visit thepaintstudio.com to find your neighborhood paint studio as well as expert tips and inspiration.
$.99 paint pint offer valid on Valspar and Clark+Kensington. At participating stores 8/1-8/31. Prices may vary. Limit 4. Color samples must be tinted in unique colors. I was compensated for my time and this blog post. All opinions and positions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Ace Hardware.
Thank for supporting the brands that make Sage + Sparkle possible.