My Weekend in an Instant // SoCal Road Trip
Another LONG wonderful weekend happened for me and it's now coming to an end. How did I get so lucky to have two Monday's off in a row? Seriously considering starting a petition at work to make Monday's off mandatory, who't with me?
Last Wednesday I headed out to California for work... Between Wednesday and Friday I had gone from JFK >LAX > Manhattan Beach > Costa Mesa > San Diego > El Centro > and back to San Diego ... and that was all before my weekend even started. Friday to Monday looked a little something like this, San Diego > Palm Springs > Bakersfield > Culver City > Manhattan Beach > LAX > JFK . When all was said and done, I enjoyed my first audio book, spent time with family & friends (11 people total), enjoyed (one too) many tea latte's from Coffee Bean, ate delicious food, and traveled a total of over 6,500 miles! This girl is tired...
So before we get this Tuesday (Monday for me) started, let's take a moment to sit back and enjoy a peak into my weekend.
My Weekend in an Instant // August 9 -12:
- The first two photos were actually before the weekend... but since they didn't make it on instagram, I had to include them here. Lunch at Tin Roof Bistro, Manhattan Beach -“Save the Farm” Goat Cheese with Apricot & Honey Crostini and Cauliflower Soup
- Followed by a delicious Seared Ahi Salad
- After the rest of the work week was complete, it was off to Palm Springs to see my dear from Alicia, her husband and the boys. You know you made it to Palm Springs when you see the windmills
- So happy I got to spend time with my Godson DJ and his brother Grayson
- Scenes from El Paseo Shopping District (the Rodeo Drive of Palm Springs... mostly closed July/Aug)
- Coffee Bean treat after lunch... Birthday Cake for the boys to share and a Sugar Free Earl Grey Tea Latte for me
- Had to see Forever Marilyn before I left... It was a must! ...then it was off to Bakersfield (4 hr drive)
- Upon arriving in Bakersfield (my Mom's home town), after surprising my Grandparents, it was off to In-n-Out for some "quality you can taste"
- YUMMY... #2, protein style, with fries well done! Just the way I like it.
- For those of you wondering where Bakersfield is... well this sums it up... "Middle of Nowhere"
- Breakfast at my favorite spot, 24th Street Cafe (it feels nice to be able to treat those you love)
- Dewar's Candy - only in Bakersfield... My mom always used to buy it for us growing up, but this was my first time inside the shop - so adorable!
- Shopped at F21 with the sis... My first time in there in probably over a year
- Bakersfield sunset
- Monday morning I got up early, said my goodbyes, then I was off, and headed back to LA. Enjoyed crepes in Manhattan Beach
- Strolled on the pier with my friend Candice and her beautiful daughter Rian (pronounced Ryan)
- My fuel through all my road trips... sugar free tea latte's from Coffee Bean! ...love that place
- Trip ended with a bang... last minute upgrade and this yummy assortment of appetizers on the plane (who said airplane food sucks?)
Some of the above photos were on Instagram over the weekend. To see them in realtime… follow me @sageandsparkle
I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well! I would love to hear all about how you made your weekend sparkle, in the comment section below…
Now it's time for me to catch up with the rest of you. Happy Tuesday!