My Weekend in an Instant // Sept. 21 - Sept. 22
Hello Autumn! Well there you have it... my favorite season has officially arrived in NYC! I woke up this morning at 6AM, usual for a weekday, but what was not usual was that today it was completely dark at that time. What a difference two days makes! It also just so happened to be 40 degrees outside and since we went to bed with the windows open and live right along the East River, it was freezing! However despite the not so pleasant wake up call, making it a little harder to get up and get blogging (I didn't get out of bed until 6:40AM) I have to say, I love the cold, dark mornings, as long as I have my comfy socks and a nice hot
cup pot of tea!
Did this weekend fly by way too fast for any of you? I sure know it did for me! It still feels like I just got back from LA, and that was last Wednesday... I did however manage to squeeze in a few moments of relaxation, a fun saturday game night with friends, and celebrate the first day of Autumn in style!
My Weekend in an Instant: 9/21 - 9/21
- Started planning our trip to Paris (and London) in November. Tickets are booked... deciding on hotels now and the outfit
planningshopping is well underway. I can't believe it's finally happening.... I'M GOING TO PARIS!!!
- Got to meet and snuggle with my BF's new niece... Sofia! Tried to get a photo shoot in but she wasn't having it. Next time...
- Early morning hot yoga is the best on the weekends!
- Always a joy when my monthly Glossybox arrives! This month has some great items too... Excited to try them all. Do you subscribe to Glossybox or any of the other subscription services... like Birchbox, etc. ?
- Fresh flowers for the first day of autumn are a must! In autumn colors of course...
- and no kick off to the season would be complete without homemade pumpkin pancakes, my First Day of Autumn tradition for the last 4 years! This year I topped them with sautéed apples... check them out here!
Some of the above photos were on Instagram over the weekend. To see them in realtime… follow me @sageandsparkle
So tell me, how you make your weekend sparkle? Please share in the comment section below…
I for one am looking forward to this Monday, as I will be attending a fashion blogger meet up tonight and I'm bringing along a yummy pumpkin appetizer! So let's get this Monday started and remember “sparkle always”…