My Weekend in an Instant // Oct. 5th - 6th
Today is sponsored by the letter M... for Monday! Silly, I know... but for some reason I woke up today and was missing the days when I was a kid and my weekday mornings started with Sesame Street, and a particular letter that sponsored the day. Sometimes it's nice to take a moment, stepping back from the "manic monday" and the crazy week ahead, to reminisce on how you got to where you are today. We all have our on special journey, Sesame Street was a part of mine, but sometimes we get so caught up in the future, that we forget to enjoy the present. I know some people think you shouldn't look back, that the past should remain in the past, but I am a firm believer that you can't truly know where your going without understanding how you got where you are, and appreciating where you came from and all you have been through (good and bad).
Each Monday I share with you, "My Weekend in an Instant"... for no reason other, that it's a nice way, for me, to look back at my weekend and appreciate all the little things, all the small, insignificant to most, moments that made my weekend sparkle. I only hope that I inspire you to do the same.
My Weekend in an Instant // October 5th - 6th:
- Brunch at El Ay Si with my love... (a must for the tater totes)
- Strolling at the LIC Flea market, enjoying the pumpkin patch... Two week countdown till our trip upstate to the pumpkin patch and apple farm
- Found a lovely table for our hall at the flea (pics coming soon)
- Riding on the bellman's cart with Frankie (I think he was a little scared)
- Saturday night sushi with my love (mine included pumpkin tempura)
- Sunday morning blooms... the Lilies were opening!
- Tea run to my favorite place, Sweetleaf ...couldn't pass up the pumpkin spice scone
- Sunday morning DIY project! Can't wait to share the final product with you later this week
- Remember to take the time to look up... there is so much to be seen! Here is a cool angle of the Empire State Building on a beautifully romantic foggy day (have I told you how much I love the fog before?)
- Picked up a new lens at B&H! and got a mini tutorial!!!
- Finally got my babe to wear a Michael Kors watch!
- ...and just one of the amazing things I got this weekend at the Michael Kors store... How amazing are these booties?!?
Some of the above photos were on Instagram over the weekend. To see them in realtime… follow me @sageandsparkle
So tell me, how you make your weekend sparkle? Please share in the comment section below…