Fall Treats // Apple Pie Bites
Hope your week in going well! With snow showers expected today, I thought I would share with you a quick and easy bite-size apple pie variation, that you can make tonight. Nothing is more american that apple pie. The colder it gets, the more and more I start to crave warm apple pie, but making a full pie would mean that I would end up eating most of it... which is why these apple pie bites are perfect to satisfy a craving and keep my figure in tack. Save the full pie for Thanksgiving in two weeks.
So many variations are available on pinterest, however none seemed to combine the flavors of nutmeg and ginger as I did below. Starting with this recipe, I added a few ingredients and in 15 mins I was enjoying this yummy little treat.
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced into 10 wedge total
- 1 9" store-bought pie crust
- 1/2 sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a bowl and set aside
- Roll out dough into a square shape and slice 10, 1" strips
- Brush dough with melted butter and then cover with sugar mixture; wrap each apple slice in dough
- Place apple pie bites on to a parchment paper covered baking dish, brush with melted butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture
- Bake for 10-12 min, or until golden brown; serve warm and enjoy!