Ten Things to Do with Toddlers in Queens, NY
1. Toddler Yoga at The Yoga Room (Long Island City/Astoria) – They also have Mommy & Me Yoga for the little, little one… we’ve done both and love them equally.
2. Art for Tots, The Noguchi Museum (Long Island City) – Age 2-4yr. on select Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30-11:45am.
3. Queens County Farm Museum (Glen Oaks) – Escape the city feel, without having to leave NYC.
4. Visit one of the many indoor play spaces (Various locations) – So many to choose from, but our favorite is City Owlets.
5. Museum of the Moving Image (Astoria) – Such a fun, interactive museum for both kids and adults.
6. Checkout a Baseball Game at Citi Field (Flushing Meadows, Corona Park) – Check out an inning or two, enjoy a burger from Shake Shack and then head to Mr. Mets Kiddie Field once your tot starts getting antsy.
7. NY Hall of Science (Flushing Meadows, Corona Park) – Great to check out on a rainy due with tons of fun interactive activities.
8. Queens Zoo (Flushing Meadows, Corona Park) – Toddlers love the Zoo. While the Bronx Zoo is the most well known, don’t forget about the small zoos in the city, especially with toddlers where sometimes bigger can mean “overwhelming”.
9. LIC Waterfront / Gantry State Park (Long Island City) – Beautiful views, tons of grass, and astroturf, dog parks, a boardwalk for practicing their scooter or balance bike skills, the iconic PEPSI-COLA sign and not one but two playgrounds.
10. Free story time or “toddler time” at the Queens Public Library (Various locations) – Who doesn’t love a FREE activity?!
Anything I missed from the list? Let me know in the comment section below! We love exploring new fun things to do in and around the city.
photos by: Kim Max Photography taken at Wellington Court in Astoria, NY – worth checking out for a fun photo op!