Most women start dreaming about their perfect pregnancy wardrobe the moment they learn that they’re expecting—or at least I did! Even during the early (pre-bump!) stages, I found myself shopping differently, wondering whether certain pieces would still fit in three months’
time. Now that I’m in the home stretch, I have a bit of experience with building a solid pregnancy wardrobe that both fits + flatters my bump. My secret? Shopping a mix of maternity stores (there are some truly stylish ones out there these days), brands that offer certain styles for expecting moms, + non-maternity brands.
Read on to discover my 15 favorite sources to keep you stylish while pregnant!
1. A Pea in the Pod: With brands like AG Jeans, J Brand, dl1961, Hudson, Joe’s Jeans, Paige + many more on offer, this is your one-stop shop for high-end maternity denim. I recommend investing in 1-2 pairs that will take you through your whole pregnancy. While the nylon band over your belly may seem strange at first, I guarantee you’ll appreciate that added support as your bump grows. Plus, maternity jeans are the comfiest option out there—trust me.
2. Hatch: At last, maternity clothes that don’t scream “I’m pregnant!” Hatch offers a great assortment of basics, dresses, jumpers + layering sets, all of which can be worn during and after your pregnancy.
3. Isabella Oliver: This brand makes the best bump-baring body-con dress—perfect for work + weekend. I’m wearing one in the photo above!
4. Pink Blush Maternity: Affordable + trendy pieces with a focus on comfortable maxi dresses (which I promise you’ll live in come months eight and nine).
5. Seraphine: Amazing selection of work-appropriate wrap dresses that work beautifully while pregnant + even better as you transition into nursing.
6. Storq: This brand’s motto? “New body, new rules. You don’t need a whole new wardrobe, just the basics.” As such, Storq lets you shop (and customize) a whole bundle of basics or select pieces individually, so you can get exactly what you need.
STORES WITH MATERNITY COLLECTIONS:
7. ASOS: The number-one place to shop when you’re expecting, no matter what the occasion. ASOS Maternity has the cutest dresses (in many different styles), affordable denim+shorts, + basics that are great for mixing and matching. Most of my maternity wardrobe came from this UK e-tailer! And don’t be afraid to shop the regular sizes, too–long vests + cardigans are smart picks.
8. Gap: An excellent selection of basics + sleepwear. When you’re pregnant, comfort is key—while you could spend the better part of nine months in your husband’s oversized tee and boxers (no judgment here!), I promise that a good pair of well-fitting PJs will make those night sweats + countless bathroom trips more bearable.
9. H&M: For striped tees, long sweaters + an array of dresses, all prefect for your growing belly. I also purchased a few basics from H&M’s regular line early on, + simply opted for ones made from stretchy fabrics that would still work as I grew.
10. Nordstrom: Great selection of many of the most sought-after maternity labels on the market. I particularly love Nordstrom’s assortment of designer maternity undergarments—including my go-to Spanx “Power Mama” panties.
11. Old Navy: The best maternity maxi dresses + denim for the expecting mama on a budget. Be sure to also shop the non-maternity section for loose-fitting pants, sundresses and tops that will work will with your growing bump.
12. Target: Who doesn’t make a weekly (or, at the very least, monthly) stop at Target? As it turns out, the superstore’s also got a great selection affordable maternity dresses + denim. Ever since I hit the 20-week mark, I’ve been wearing the striped dress pictured above constantly.
STANDARD STORES YOU ALREADY KNOW + LOVE:
14. American Apparel: This brand might be best known for its body-con offerings, but it’s also got dresses, pencil skirts + cropped tees that are perfect for showing off a growing bump. Case in point? The black tank dress and floral tee I’m wearing above—at seven months pregnant, no less!—are both from the LA-based retailer.
15. Anthropologie: Anthro’s been one of my favorite stores since I was in my early twenties—and now that I’m 30 + expecting, nothing has changed. Throughout my whole pregnancy thus far (I’m currently at 34 weeks), I have been able to find some great bump-friendly pieces here. Simply look for empire-waisted silhouettes, trapeze styles and looks with lots of stretch–I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Any places that I missed? To all the expecting moms out there, where are your go-to places to shop for cute maternity clothes?